[Geysers] Flashlight

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Mon Sep 28 15:40:57 PDT 2009

My new geyser gazing toy this year was a very bright LED flashlight from
Cabelas and a couple of people expressed an interested in maybe getting one,
so the link is posted below.  It gives off a bright white light which is
very useful for watching splashing in  Main vent and I imagine it will be
good for watching Giant Hot Periods too .... sigh.

On the plus side, it's very small (so is the re-charger) so its easy to
carry around or to pack and lasts over an hour.  It also gets nice and warm
if you leave it on for a while, a nice handwarmer.  Downside - costs about
$180 and is actually too bright for me to use on the walk back up the bike
path so I keep my old flashlight for that and to give me.  Like other LED's
it also shuts off suddenly when it needs to be recharged, there's no
warning.

Watch out for Cabelas sales, they do free shipping a lot before Christmas
and sometimes do $30 off sales.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0045509517638a
<http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0045509517638
a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all-search_redir&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&
Ntt=flashlight&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Ns=SEL_HIGH_PRICE|1&PrevQuery=flashligh
t&N=4170&redirect=true&Nty=1&cmCat=search_redir>
&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all-search_redir&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&N
tt=flashlight&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Ns=SEL_HIGH_PRICE|1&PrevQuery=flashlight
&N=4170&redirect=true&Nty=1&cmCat=search_redir

Graham Meech