[Geysers] Positive feedback

Davis, Brian L. brdavis at iusb.edu
Fri Sep 25 19:59:08 PDT 2009

Udo Freund wrote:

> I like to think we're also thanked by the oohs, ahhs and cheers
> of people we've directed somewhere who saw something that
> amazed them.

You are also thanked by some of them that ended up here :). I was with my family a couple of years ago for my 1st trip back since childhood, and noticed a bunch of people crowded around Grand... a lot of them in rather well-beaten hats. I'm sure some of the people on this list were there that day, and I followed you all to Oblong after Grand, but you all made a deep impression on me - enough that I later went out of my way to learn more, and, well, join this list. Never talked to you that day, out of my depth... but you talked to me even if you didn't know it.

So yes, all of you who are out and about in the basins... you've made a difference in a lot of folks, from making a slightly happier day to making a new obsession :). Thank you.

> Lynn, Your posts on this list are wonderful in providing us with
> experiences that we can visualize, almost to the point of being
> there.

I couldn't agree more; not just the geyser reports (wonderful), but the wildlife, weather, and wildflowers... and absolutely the overhead bits. As a caver, I get these all the time from cave tours, and it's great to hear them in other contexts. Thank you for all your had work, as well as the other who report for the rest of us who just wish we were there.

--
Brian Davis