[Geysers] Orange Spring Mound and Tangerine Spring, Cheops Mound

Janet Chapple jochapple at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 17:26:45 PDT 2009

Robin--

Tangerine Spring is the little bubbler on the east (right) top of
Orange Spring's large mound, according to Bob Fuhrmann's 1998 map of
the springs and formations there. When it's active you can see it from
the boardwalk. It is not a separate formation.

Cheops Mound was inactive at the time Fuhrmann's map was made. Sorry,
but I don't recognize anything in the picture you sent.

Janet Chapple
-------