[Geysers] Additional notes 30 May 2009

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Sat May 30 20:44:12 PDT 2009

Just a few extra notes. I will start with the most exciting first.
There was an event cycle at Fan and Mortar tonight. I am not sure if
there was a pause or not, I am guessing probably, but nobody will know
for sure. Here are the notes from my book

2018 arrival, all vents off. River appeared to be attempting to turn
on. There was then a roar from Main Vent which made ARGH (Angle,
River, Gold, and High) completely dead. My attention was caught quite
quickly.

2023 First MV splash that I witnessed
2023-2032 MV splashes were nearly constant. No big splashes, a few
made it out of the vent itself, but it was almost constant white
stuff.
2042 River on
2044 High began to do little drooling bubbles every 30-45 seconds
2054 Gold on
2054-2104 Good water levels in High and Gold. Gold was doing nice
pooling while High was drooling most of the time
2059 Angle on
~2107 I noted at the time and that water levels were less than average
2114 Water levels were gone
2128 Darkness was quickly settling in so I left the geysers. River was
still on, and Gold was mostly steam. It was getting cold, and I was
lacking a decent flashlight, so I decided to turn in.

Other notes:
Lion had an inital at 1950, and was seen at 2127ie
Grotto was 2015ie, it seems reasonable to guess that this is the same
eruption that Scott had reported as 1520ns. It was still going very
strong at 2130. Hopefully it turns out to be a marathon.
Riverside was 2107 (I think), I was paying too much attention to F&M
to write down the time.
Daisy was 2035ie.

Because of the F&M cycle tonight, I will try to make a trip out in the
morning to see what there is to see before work. I have Monday through
Wednesday off so I can keep an eye on the geysers then.

-Ben Hoppe
--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son