[Geysers] Geyser Report May 30

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat May 30 16:37:20 PDT 2009

Five of us hiked up Rabbit Creek this morning, somewhat limiting my report.
Up there we found Rabbit Creek Geyser to have an interval of 24 minutes,
with a "minor" at the 17-minute mark. The geysewr just north of there was also
active, with splashes about 1 foot high.

I only have three scattered Plume intervals, of 70, 60, and 59 minutes.

Beehive is awfully nice. After yesterday's 1409, it was today at Indicator
0433 Beehive 0445, then Indicator 1543 Beehive 1601 -- yes, an interval of
11h 16m.

Lion 1311.

Aurum 0824 _not_ during Doublet thumps (it was several minutes after the
thumps ended).

Castle actually followed yesterday's major with 0622 major.

Penta overnight and again at 1451ns (d>30 min -- it stopped while we were
watching Grand).

We're getting a sort-of handle on Grand: no Rift, then the interval can be
as short as 7 hours; if there is a Rift, especially one late in the
interval, then we expect intervals of 10 to 12 hours. So today, there was a Rift
that ended not long before 0530, and Grand didn't go until 0728, interval 11h
12m. This afternoon with no Rift the eruption at 1522 (T1C) was at an
interval of 7h 54m.

Oblong was just filled at 0645, erupted at 1309.

Grotto was only seen to start from afar, but neither time did we see Grotto
Fountain. The starts were 0729 and 1520ns.

My only consecutive Daisys of the day were 1205 and 1410.

Riverside 0914 and 1503ie.

Artemisia 0956 for a much shorter interval of 21h 10m. (Lynn also had
Atomizers, but I didn't get the times, but apparently the start of Artemisia
"killed Atomizer's steam phase.")

No known Fountain Report all day.

Great Fountain 1137.

steps!