[Geysers] Photograph of Black Diamond eruption (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 15:39:31 PDT 2009

When I checked in with Hank and Cheryl this morning at Mammoth for my summer stay at Old Faithful, Hank downloaded some pictures of the Black Diamond hydrothermal explosion that he and others witnessed last week.  Hank said that the photographer had given permission for Hank to release the pictures for publication.  I sent three of the photos to Genean for possible inclusion in the Sput.  I am attaching one photo to this message.  Warning--the photo is large; the .jpg file is 2.5 MB.  If the software to downsize the photo is already on the NPS computer, I can't find it and the NPS system won't let me download software onto the computer.  So, I apologize for the large size of the picture.

Lynn Stephens