[Geysers] Muller on CBS News

Karl and Lori Hoppe karlori at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 09:34:35 PDT 2009

That CBS segment also includes my favorite statement in trying to describe how one can go back to Yellowstone year after year.

As Heinrich Koenig put it:
"There's just enough pattern and regularity to make you think you know what they're doing, and just enough irregularity and surprises to keep you wanting to come back for more."

Karl Hoppe

Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 1:35 PM

Being “laundered by a geyser” is one of my all-time favorite expressions, and I always try to quote John if I repeat it.

After much digging I found a tape of that broadcast. Reviewing it brought back many fond memories.  And, yes you do look young in that piece, Scott.  So does Heinrich Koenig and Mary Ann Moss who were also prominently featured.

That report on the geyser gazers by CBS preceded the first edition of the “Sput” by a few months. I’ll contribute a full transcript to the next “Sput” in order to fully commemorate it and because I don’t recall seeing it mentioned in a prior issue.  It’s got some interesting statements besides the "laundered" quote.

Udo Freund