[Geysers] May 4 Conewalkers

pan at myxmail.net pan at myxmail.net
Fri May 15 09:35:22 PDT 2009

The Wyoming Tribune Eagle reported today that 2 of the 6 Xanterra
employees, "conewalkers," were fired for urinating into Old Faithful
geyser, and 1 has been banned from the park for 2 years.  Park rangers
cited all 6 for walking off the trail in a themal area and 5 of the 6
for "possession of natural resources," i.e. taking rocks from the
area.  The general manager for Xanterra Parks and Resorts, Jim
McCaleb, stressed, "We have a very strong orientation and training
program against these kinds of things, and obviously we don't tolerate
that kind of behavior."

Thanks to David Monteith and all who caught this on the web cam!

Leif Anderson