[Geysers] A good day for geysers, ... and other news

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:01:23 PDT 2009

Monday was very quiet for geysers when we were out, but Tuesday (3/17) was a happening day for me:

Fan & Mortar marker washed at 1430, placed Saturday 3/14 and still there 3/16 around 1430... There's a new one now.  Things were so quiet I think the eruption was indeed on St. Patrick's Day.

Old Faithful 1354 ie

Plume 1356 I think

Bijou and Grotto off 1415 and 1426

Castle ie H20 1437 (major)

Grand 1440 early ie (1 burst)

Daisy 1444 ie

Oblong 1448 ns (... almost a quadruple)

I'm particularly appreciating the basin, because my life is changing.  I'm headed to the Grand Canyon, probably for a good while.  I'll be here til April 15 or so, and will report what I can while I can.  And I'll try to recruit someone to carry on this summer.

Carolyn Loren