[Geysers] Upper Geyser Basin, Friday, March 13th, 2009

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 14:33:50 PDT 2009

Another quick trip out to the basin, on a beautiful warm, clear day.

After I put my skis back on by the boardwalk at Old Faithful, I saw a steam cloud from Geyser Hill.  Carolyn was up there and called Aurum at 1245.  Little Squirt was ie at 1250.  Giantess had a pretty good boil, with a lot of steam, and audible boiling.

I caught Turban at 1310ie, and then 1329.  Bulger did a little splashing at 1348.  At the next Turban, as I was reaching for the notebook to write it down at 1348, Grand erupted.  It was a gorgeous eruption! (T2C)  Sawmill started sometime in the first few minutes of Grand.  West Triplet started at 1355.

Back up on the hill, Little Cub was ie at 1411, and Little Squirt was still ie at 1415.

Karen Low