[Geysers] vista clearing

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Mar 2 18:12:35 PST 2009

Two responses to Whittlesey's latest embedded below:

In a message dated 3/2/2009 6:42:23 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov writes:

Yellowstone and other national parks are---according to the Leopold
Report---not supposed to be
zoos, ranches, or harvest-gardens. They are not  supposed to be commercial.

this, of course, being why people not only have to pay to get into the  park,
but then pay increasingly exorbitant fees to stay at in-park lodgings, buy
in-park hamburgers, and such.

this  liabilitycomes from city parks in England (English Common Law), from
which we  get
much of our own American common law. It means that land owners  and
occupiers have a well established duty not only to remove hazardous  trees
in public campgrounds but also to actually INSPECT for such trees  and
hazards. That's why the trees got removed at Bridge  Bay.

I could point out a few leaning trees in the lower Old Faithful Inn parking
lot. Might not one of those fall? Might is not be removed to eliminate any
possible liability? I pray that one lands on my car this summer. Oh, yeah.

C'mon people. I speak not just from experience in Yellowstone. In numerous
ways, the NPS has gotten ridiculous. Indeed, if this parking lot matter was
studied in the Death Valley fashion, it would probably be closed for use pending
 several years of study. Not a joke -- sorry.

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)