[Geysers] Geysers that Erupt in Series

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Tue Jun 9 18:08:43 PDT 2009

Daisy erupted in series from about 1973-77.  They were technically
Daisy/Splendid series, with both erupting for 1-12 eruptions in total, then
they were dormant for 6-20 days.  Since 1978, though, Daisy has been the
"normal" geyser, with splendid series as the rare and wonderful exception.

I don't consider Grand's burst to be a series.  Nobody ever calls each burst
a separate eruption, like Giantess or Lion (those are how I'd define geysers
that erupt in series).  So too with F&M and Great Fountain; they're in the
same non-category as Grand.

Jeff may dispute this, but nobody - repeat: nobody - considers Flounder's
2nd burst a separate eruption.  IF it was, what was the pause?  How much
overflow did it have?  You can say the same thing about Grand's 2nd burst -
was it a T or G?  And F&M after the initial 15 minutes - did the second
eruption "start" after a river vent pause?

More Geysers with REAL series: Kaleidoscope, Deep Blue, and #'s 12 and 13.
Also Jet.  There are probably a half dozen more in the Kaleidoscope/Gentian
area.

Also White Pyramid, 2-3 eruptions about an hour apart.

Darn, there was something in the Myriad group that I swore had series, but
none comes to mind.

Paul Strasser