[Geysers] Geyser report June 8

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 15:34:02 PDT 2009

A pretty good day -- showers of rain mixed with snowy-stuff at times, but
also some sunshine and generally not too much wind... Thanks to Jim for many
of the following midday times.

I only got three Plume times and no interval today.

Beehive finally erupted yesterday at 1435. I don't know what that interval
was, but people were on the hill expecting it by 0545. By analyzing when the
thing was under observation and such, Lynn feel that that was a closed,
single interval of something approaching (I think) 23 hours. Then today,
Beehive's Indicator 0742ie Beehive 0748, and interval of 17h 13m.

Depression 0713ns.

Lion 0539ie and 0659 minor; then 1226 initial and 1404.

Aurum 1209.

Castle was reported by this morning's geyser prediction ranger as 0000E.
Yeah, right. Same person failed to update any of the in-basin prediction
boards, too. Anyhow, this afternoon Castle 1212 major.

Penta, after a lot of tries, at 1219ie.

Rift 0637ie.
Grand 1004 (T2C). No download, so we know nothing about that interval.
Sputniks 1020, indicated by what one nice gazer refers to as the "frog
fart" vent.

Oblong 1229.

Grotto Fountain ie and Grotto 1003ns.

Daisy 0727, 0937, 1147, and 1402.

Riverside 0758.

Fan and Mortar junky, marker in place.

Ben thinks Link had a major, Jim doesn't think so, and I didn't look.

Great Fountain apparently pulled a long or two -- it evidently erupted
around 1430 yesterday but today did not start overflow until about 1415.

Bead 1222 and 1254.

Narcissus 1239, d about 4 1/2 minutes.

Fountain 0618ie and 1323.

tis all.....