[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/28

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:31:01 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Tuesday, July 28.

Today was one of those days with weather that is difficult to find a
complaint about. This is while I was out in the basin this afternoon
at least. The morning was cool, and I saw plenty of geyser fog when I
was on the register and looking out towards Old Faithful and Geyser
Hill.

Beehive erupted at 0046 (one minute off of my 0045 prediction, using
data I have collected that I will share) after the 0028 Indicator for
an interval of 13h08m. It followed with another eruption at 1233. I
don't know the details on the Indicator. This interval was 12h05m.

Castle erupted at 0910ns. It was a major.
Daisy times that were reported: 0602, 0827, 1041, 1239, 1444, 1644, 2043
Fountain 1015 (d=32m), 1623 (d=32m)
Grand 1427
Great Fountain 1056
Riverside 1043, 1632ie
Plume intervals were right around 55-60 minutes all day for the most part.
Aurum 1339, 1717ie. The eruption definitely surprised me, with that
short of an interval.
Grotto 0843ie, it was in marathon as of about 1700.
Lion 0613, 1731 (I saw my first initial start from up close this
year), and 1900ns. It was doing end of series roars from 2020-2035.
Pink Cone 0807ie
Oblong 0924ie, 1340ie
Plate 1613
Rift 1618ie

I decided that I felt adventurous tonight so I biked from the Upper
General Store to Lone Star beginning around 1900. I got there at 1933,
after a stop because of a phone call, and a stop to take a picture of
some Indian Paintbrush and spray myself down with 98% Deet. Lone Star
had a minor at 1952; I left at that point, wanting to give myself
plenty of daylight on the road. I arrived at Old Faithful at 2022. It
was a very nice bike ride, but I think I prefer not biking on the main
road. Too stressful.

I will be out and about tomorrow evening especially doing some Fan and
Mortar sitting. I have to make sure I rest up because I am hiking to
Union Falls on Thursday, so I'm not sure what will be happening with
my geyser reports for the next couple days. I hope to get one out
tomorrow night, assuming that the internet is functional enough, and
hopefully I can get some times from the logbook Thursday night.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son