[Geysers] Pink Cone Geyser

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:14:34 PDT 2009

THIS POST IS FOR THE READING USE OF THE SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS LISTSERV AND IS NOT TO BE

REPRODUCED, FORWARDED, OR PUBLISHED, EITHER IN WHOLE OR IN PART, INCLUDING PUBLICATION

IN THE SPUT.

I've managed to get either the start or a near start (from Great Fountain) for Pink Cone each of the past 5 days (July 24-28).  The intervals have been very consistent with a range of only 1h32m, varying from a minimum of 22h03m to a maximum of 23h35m.  Watch:  as soon as Lynn say, it will no longer be so, but I won't be out there tomorrow morning at 5 am to be surprised if it has erupted on a shorter interval or holds for a much longer interval :).

Yesterday morning a red tailed hawk was circling the Pink Cone group.  This morning a flock of nine geese came flying past through the geyser fog, honking at each other as they winged past me.  The sandhill cranes were also talking to each other.

The wild strawberries have started to ripen.  Although each one is no bigger than a pencil eraser, they pack a lot of flavor into that small bit of fruit.

I heard a new noun applied to White Dome today--a mother told her child to look at that funnel erupting over there.

Lynn Stephens