[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/19

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:59:13 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted are from Sunday, July 19.

It's starting to get nice and steamy (pardon the pun) in the park
here. I'm not sure what the temperatures are, but the sun is deadly.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that we're officially in
shorts weather for awhile.

There was no exact overtime on Beehive, but I think it's pretty safe
to say that it was somewhere between 0300 and 0400 based on what it
has been doing very consistently (12ish hour intervals). It erupted
this afternoon at 1558 (Indicator 1536).

My personal big news is that I got to see my first three burst Grand
of the year from up close. I have seen them from Daisy and the
overlook on the Mystic Falls trail, as well as hearing about them
while at Fan and Mortar. The Grand I saw was at 1933 (T3Q). There was
also a Grand in the morning at 1006, not sure how many bursts.

Stacey Glasser said that she walked up on Artemesia at 1223. According
to Dean, this eruption had the best thumps of any eruption this year
that he was there for.

Aurum was at 1020, and again in the evening, I think sometime around
1920. I know the intervals was around 9 hours.

Castle was at 0943
Depression 0756
Fountain 0730ie (off 0801), 1409 (off 1440), 2014ie (off 2032)
Great Fountain 1148
Oblong 1252, 1820
Riverside 0825, and probably 2052ie (steam cloud from the highway)
Plate 1806ie
Daisy was 2h10m intervals +/- 10ish minutes
Lion 0617, 0744, 0903ie, 1923
All closed intervals that I have for Plume were under 60 minutes
Tardy started at 1902. I was hoping for a Penta. The water level was
at peak, and it was having some really nice bubbles and surging when
Sawmill began at 1927.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son