[Geysers] Help with a thank you

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Thu Jul 9 08:37:45 PDT 2009

Since we're among the most articulate complainers about problems with
the concessionaires in the park, we wondered if someone on the list
could help us figure out where to direct an actual compliment. We had
two issues, including surviving the Great Flood of '09 in the Inn (the
other was a dinner issue at Lake Lodge cafeteria). I know in years past,
it would have been like pulling teeth and would have required writing to
site managers and other higher-ups to get a fair resolution (and the
attitude of all but the site managers would have been to just blow us
off. After having made our reservations a year in advance and checked on
what Snow Lodge cabin we were likely to get in August when we visited in
July one year, we actually got told when the three of us got stuck in
one of the shoebox-sized cabins that there were many rooms we could rent
in West Yellowstone and the park could do nothing for us except rent us
a much pricier room in the Inn). This year with both issues, we got the
attitude my business partner and I try to convey in our business --- if
there's a problem, we ask what we can do to fix it or offer immediate
recompense of some sort. The entire attitude of the staff (at least in
our experience with these two problems) seemed so oriented toward
satisfying the customer when there was a problem and actually validating
that there was a problem that needed to be fixed that it really took us
by surprise. Does anyone know if there's a chief of ops or chief of
concessions we can write to just to comment about this exemplary change
in attitude and level of service?
Thanks for any help anyone can give us here,
Karen Webb