[Geysers] RE: Nomenclature and a Thank You

Davis, Brian L. brdavis at iusb.edu
Thu Jul 2 13:22:53 PDT 2009

MA Bellingham  wrote:

> Now to Thanks to Lynn and Scott for their "Tag Team" reports.
> 'Just the Facts Ma'am', from Scott gives us the times and intervals
> we are looking for in a clear concise form.  Lynn's new "stories"
> reports are quite enjoyable, giving us names of who is there,
> flavors of the changing landscape, and more.  Well done, both of
> you!

Agreed. For those of us who can't make it out there, it's great to see both forms. Lynn's stories make me thing and slow down and enjoy, without missing the numerical details of the events which are just as important to me. Thank you both (and others).

> The visitor comments are always priceless, and remind me that
> our VIP's field visitor questions on a mind numbingly constant
> basis all summer...

Agreed again, I almost always get a laugh or two out of those reports. I've done a lot of caving, and working in and around the national park tourists I both field a lot of such questions and snicker as the poor ranger is asked for the tenth time that day "how much of the cave is undiscovered", or "is all of the cave underground" (yes, I've heard both of those from well-intentioned visitors).

--
Brian Davis