[Geysers] Azores Thermal Areas

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 17:39:50 PDT 2009

In a message dated 7/1/2009 6:13:47 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
riozafiro at gmail.com writes:

So, I am curious if there are any true geysers in the Azores, in
addition to the boiling hot springs and mud pots I saw on the show.

Actually there is, ahem, a book called..... well, never mind. But on page
419 it is noted that geysers definitely existed circa 1900. Now there are
numerous boiling springs, and it seems quite clear that some of them show
intermittent action.

T. Scott Bryan