[Geysers] Spiteful, mostly

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 10:28:44 PST 2009

We got a credible report of Spiteful at 1424 yesterday afternoon, 1/22, lasting over 5 minutes.  Its height was estimated at 15-20 feet.  This morning spiky ice suggested more overnight activity, since the temperature was near freezing (too warm!) until at least 9 p.m. last night.

Beehive was 1126, Castle seems to be in a minor-major-minor mode, erupting at 1405 i.e.

Today, 1/23, Uncertain was 0937 i.e., Grand's early eruption was 0451E, Oblong was 0908 i.e.

I replaced the Fan & Mortar marker this morning; Graham Meech may have seen it in place Wednesday, though it's not very easy to see in winter with fog and snow cover.