[Geysers] Fan & Mortar 1/8-1/9

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:00:06 PST 2009

They probably erupted last night since there was an icy crust over last night's new snow, and icy spikes as well.  I replaced the marker this morning.

It was already washed when I was down there Tuesday 1/6, but I was out of uniform and didn't replace it then.  So, still pretty active.

I spoke with Peter Hamel this morning, and Twin is back to 194 F., Black is hot again too, and he'll do a follow-up e-mail shortly.

I downloaded Daisy this morning and it was very regular since 1/3 with 2 longer intervals (usual over this winter).

Plume's water level is still low/normal; Beehive's bubblers were  not active around 1030 this morning, 1/9.

Carolyn Loren