[Geysers] Geyser report, Feb 15, 2009

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 23:51:04 PST 2009

I am forwarding Matthew McLean's geyser report for Feb 15, 2009. - Tara

Hello all,

I haven't checked this in awhile - in fact,
Microsoft has erased all of my messages so I have seen nothing
recently, so if I am repeating anything, sorry.

Today, at around 1640, East Vent and Main Vent of Fan were forcefully emmiting steam and there were some puddles in the trail.

Shortly
before that I saw a small muddy pool erupting to about a foot between
Grand's empty crater and the hillside behind rift. The small pool was
about 5 feet out from the hillside. It erupted for about a minute after
I arrived. When it stopped - it drained along with another small pool a
couple of peet closer to the trail. Another reference point for this
pool is that it was straight up the runoff channel on between Rift and
West Triplet. The small craters along the hillside (Sputniks I think)
were also splashing at the time. Perhaps the behavior is not unusual,
but since it was muddy and I had never seen it before, I thought I
would point it out.

Take care,

Matthew