[Geysers] Geyser Report 8/20

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Tue Aug 25 21:07:56 PDT 2009

No, that was my Aurum.  I was waiting out Lion (*really* waiting out
Lion), had wandered down the path to look at the steam cloud from Grand
from the area near Depression, was just starting back, and believe me,,
*I* had to look back and forth between Pump and Aurum and Pump twice
before I went pounding back up the boardwalk to grab my radio and call
it.  It was a visual confirmation. I'm familiar with Aurum's location
and appearance, it looked exactly like it normally looks and lasted
exactly the right amount of time, and never in a  million years did we
think we'd see Aurum before we saw Lion that afternoon, although both
were in our plans (I only took some perverse delight in that merely
being a one-burst Grand since we had stayed put and seen a number of
gazers head to Grand from Lion plus sent a whole herd of tourists in
that direction as the better bet).  It was Aurum, although how or why
beats me --- I wouldn't have expected it till closer to 1900.  To
paraphrase the Minbari, the geyser does as the geyser does...
Karen