[Geysers] Geyser Report 8/22-8/23

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:13:57 PDT 2009

Sorry for the delay in the reports. I worked the closing shift on
Saturday (8/22) and Sunday (8/23) so I didn't have much of a chance to
get the times.

TIMES FROM SATURDAY, AUGUST 22
Castle 1156
Daisy 0706, 0915, 1117, 1316, 1715
Fountain 0821 (d=34m)
Grand 1326
Great Fountain 1240
Riverside 1020, 1612
Beehive 0234ie, 1433
Plume intervals were under 60 minutes. Nearer to the 50-55 minute area.
Artemisia 1855
Aurum 0708, 1456
Grotto 0847ns
Lion 1258, 1427
Oblong 0909ie, 1412
Uncertain 1329ie
Rocket major 1111

TIMES FROM SUNDAY, AUGUST 23
Aurum 1522
Grotto 0600ie
Lion 1005, 1138ie, 1840ie
Oblong 0802, 1410ie
Plate 0948ie, 0721ie
Rift 0804ie
Little Squirt active, seen 1312ie
Castle 1501 major
Daisy 0633, 0841, 1111, 1313ie, 1510ie, 1709
Fountain 0846
Grand 0649 (T2Q), 1532 (T2Q)
Riverside 1023, 1618
Beehive 1447 (Indicator 1434)
Plume intervals again under 60 minutes all day

Fan and Mortar start was 1253 from a lock. Duration was 34 minutes.
Once the minor vents were in a lock, East Vent started, and after what
seemed like an eternity (probably only 10 seconds) Main Vent joined in
with Mortar. Mortar was VERY impressive this eruption. Lower Mortar
joined in with excellent water unlike the last eruption. I was able to
get down there after lunch in the Employee Dining Room and get back
with plenty of time to spare before work started at 1345. What a day
to begin work!

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son