[Geysers] Did anybody on this list experience when Mr. Clinton visited there?

Lisa R. Fisher lfisher at mines.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:23:23 PDT 2009

Hello,

We were there when the Clintons came - I believe that we were locked
out of Geyser Hill, but not out of the whole basin. It seemed overkill
and pretty silly at that time (after all, we were hardly a militant or
dangerous bunch!), and there was much grumbling. I remember the secret
service guys all around, but no patrolling helicopters. I have a vague
recollection that Ann (or Ann and Tom) gave them the tour. The
conversations between gazers were to the effect that if they'd let us
in, we could have given them a great tour and they'd have had a
wonderful time!

So there was security, and we were locked out of certain areas. Much
more than for the Carters, but not quite as much as for the Obamas.

I still think they'd have had a lot more fun if "we" (the gazer group)
would have given them the gazer perspective! Well, they just don't
know what they missed.

Lisa
--
Lisa R. Fisher