[Geysers] Did anybody on this list experience when Mr. Clinton visited there?

Bruce Alan Richardson BRichard at uwyo.edu
Wed Aug 19 09:32:32 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I was at Artist's Point when the Clintons were to visit there.  Those at the place were searched, put behind a rope and we waited.  I was looking forward to a meeting.  Clinton vacationed in Jackson at least twice and would play golf with my neighbor, Mike Sullivan who knew the Clintons from their days as governors of small states.  The small group there-about 25 of us-chatted with the Secret Service who were exceedlngly charming.  Two helicopters flew over the Canyon.  Then the Secret Service announced that the visit was cancelled and I think everyone left.  The next day I saw a picture of the First Family at Artist's Point.  Clever.

There were lots of armed people and some military helicopters along the road to Artists Point and on the other side of the bridge.

The Clintons were famous for being late to events.  I waited two hours in a DC auditorium for the National Arts awards.  Bush showed up on time and Obama, at least during the campaign, was usually on schedule.  He arrived exactly at 2pm for an 2pm event in Casper.

Interesting discussion about Presidents in Yellowstone.  I am reminded of Taft and Teddy Roosevelt camping and wandering around and Harry Truman right after he left office on a car tour with his wife just driving around and dropping in places.

Bruce Richardson
Casper, Wyoming

Did anybody on this list experience when Mr. Clinton visited there?
Just for perspective's sake?

Greg Walljasper