[Geysers] Obama visit to YNP

Seeyellowstone at aol.com Seeyellowstone at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 21:04:08 PDT 2009

Well I think it is great the prez came.  The more presidents we have  that
come to see Yellowstone, the more likely the are to protect it.  I got  hung
up in the motorcade in the Gallatin District, and ended up following it
into West, well almost, the motorcade turned into the WYS airport, and shortly
 there after were the helicopters that have been buzzing my house the days
before  and during Obama's visit. I did talk to the secret service about how
to get a  letter to Obama about thermal drilling in the area, and he told
me what to do.

It is sad the amount of security required now days, but I'm glad to finally
 see the 10th president to visit Yellowstone.  We counted about 65 cops
between the Mountain Village and West Yellowstone during the motorcade.

As for geyser news, I didn't catch anything on my tour other than the
usual's.  With the road closure I hope to catch more geysers as the tours  will
travel to West Thumb and back.

Happy Gazing,

Jim
YTG