[Geysers] Obama visit to YNP

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 17:39:02 PDT 2009

As it happens, the President did not see Beehive unless he was watching the
webcam.  Both the static and streaming cameras came online just before the
indicator started and I know quite a few webcam and in-park gazers got to
see Beehive on Saturday based on the number of people on the boardwalk.  The
indicator was at 1453 and Beehive at 1510 cam times.

We were not able to see F&M on the camera while it was shutdown although
given how strong the wind was blowing I don't think we would have seen it
anyway.  One of the prior eruptions on a windy day was not visible either.
Congratulations to those of you that went down-basin to see a daylight F&M
too.

FYI Beehive today (Sunday 16th) was at 1634 (Ind 1616) cam times.

Graham Meech