[Geysers] Azure Spring

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 05:07:23 PDT 2009

Yesterday, Sunday 8/9, I went into the River Group primarily to check on
Azure Spring. Per his dcescription of my RVG-4 being neaqrby, I'm sure Steve
was talking about the pool that is, in fact, Azure., However, I saw
absolutely no indication of large eruptive action. Azure is intermittent and it does
(rarely in my experience) undergo small eruptions. Atg the times of high
water it puts out a flood of water, and that can sometimes flow into runoff
areas noarmally dry. But that is normal.

Elsewhere out there, I found that RVG-4 is active but for me it was between
cycles.

Mound was 0836, 0900ie, and 0916.

Dark Pool 0855 and 0914. The first of those eruptions had several pursts
over 6 feet high, the next reached not higher than 2 feet. Dave DeWitt was out
there, too. He stayed for the next eruption and said it matched my second
one.

Above Dark-Armored, the area of large pools has suffered a significant loss
of water so tghat there are, in fact, no large pools. I did see 3 or 4
small active spouters.

Pocket Basin Geyser is dormant.

And now, due to an unfortunate set of simultaneous circumstances, I must
leave for the season. Here only three days this time, but away from West
midday today (Mon, 8/10). See you in 2010, I hope.

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)