[Geysers] Moats Report on Azure Spring

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Sat Aug 8 00:36:34 PDT 2009

Hi.  I was one of the gazers who went out to Azure the day or so after the
report of eruptions.  Perhaps I was looking at the wrong pool, along with
the Crosses and others, but there was no evidence of the kind Will describes
below.  The vegetation around the pool was undisturbed, no evidence of
ripple marks around the pool, and the channel leading away from the pool was
unscoured, the cyanobacteria undisturbed.

Perhaps Will could post a picture or two - this is all rather peculiar, and
I wonder if I've been looking at the wrong Azure Pool all these years.

Paul Strasser

  _____