[Geysers] Opening weekend additions

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Sun Apr 19 20:36:09 PDT 2009

Greetings all -

To add to Karen and Bill's reports, Friday I stopped at Norris on my way out.

I observed 3 closed intervals of Constant with intervals of 30m, 28, and 27m.  One eruption tried to have a second group of bursts but did not succeed.  The ice cone at Guardian, Black Growler and Ledge is as impressive as last year, but the boardwalks are more passable.  I saw something resembling a weak Arsenic, but it was so puny I hesitate to call it Arsenic!  "Something over there erupted."  The high pressure vent in Porcelain is active.  Phantom Fumerole sounds dry with occasional gurgles, I didn't stay long enough there to see if there was a cycle.

Saturday I observed really nice wolf tracks by a very dry, quiet Vixen.  I also had two rare Paperiello sightings at Nymph Lake.

Spring is here, see you on the boardwalks...

MA

M.A. Bellingham

mabdepot at msn.com