[Geysers] Upper Geyser Basin, 4/15/09

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 19:34:18 PDT 2009

We got nearly a foot of snow last night and today, so Kris and I skied down to Morning Glory after work.  No marker on Fan and Mortar, but I don't think Carolyn had gotten down there very recently to put out a marker.  As we were ski back, we saw Daisy at 1923ie, and then a few minutes later (1927) at Oblong, I look up and say "Grand is erupting, lets ski faster!"  We did get to Grand before it quit (1934).  It was a one burst, with a quit on Turban afterward.

So the past two times I've been out in the basin, it has been on skis, and both times, I've seen Grand.  I think that is pretty good!

Note to geyser gazers planning on coming in for opening weekend, don't bother bringing your bicycles.

Karen Low