[Geysers] Geyser Inventory

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 16:34:36 PDT 2009

I just spent a few idle minutes looking at the "YNP Thermal  Features"
pages (located at
_http://www.rcn.montana.edu/resources/features/features.aspx?nav=11_ (http://www.rcn.montana.edu/resources/features/features.aspx?nav=11)
)  and I must express some disappointment. I hope this finds its way to
those  responsible for the accuracy of that information. Which right now is
more than a  little bit faulty.

Westside Group -- no feature whatsoever is named.  UWGNN7 is Fantail
Geyser; 10 is Carapace; 13 is "Fracture"; 14 is Bigfoot; 18, 19 and 20 might be
"Maelstrom, but the website has the same photo on all three of these; 23 is
YM-210 (aka South Pool)

Giant Group -- this includes NOthing that actually is part of the Giant
Group -- all shown features are in the Grotto Group or Riverside (and maybe a
couple that belong to the Chain Lakes Group):
#3 is Indicator Spring, not "Grotto Pressure Pool"
#9 is Startling Geyser, not Startle.

I know this is supposed to be an on-going project -- but it has been put
out there for the public and it is horribly full of errors and  inaccuracies.
Yellowstone N P should be embarrassed by it.

T. Scott Bryan

P.S. Since it seems to not be included as part of the Giant Group, I did a
search for Giant Geyser. Nope. Doesn't exist, apparently. Like I said --
that  site sucks.
**************Great deals on Dell’s most popular laptops – Starting at
$479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631252x1201390195/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213968550%3B35701427%3Bh)