[Geysers] a Steamboat eruption that we did not know of?

Smokey s at weststartv.com
Tue Sep 30 16:28:46 PDT 2008

Greetings,

This isn't actually an "eruption" of Steamboat but it IS a pretty heavy
steam phase that Steamboat went into at the onset of a "disturbance"
time that year.  There WAS some impressive splashing at the initial
onset of "disturbance" and then the steam was strong and sustained for
approximately 14 hours.  The "disturbance" in August of 1995 was one of
the strongest!  This was the year that we set a record for Chloride
content and many, many features were "super-active".
This was the year that the ground temperatures from Vixen Geyser all the
way back along the boardwalk to the Muddy Sneaker Complex went way up. (
Not just in 2003 like some people would like you to believe.)
This activity is documented in the log book at Norris for 1995, in a
paper written by Bob Fournier and Ursula Weltman and in my thermal
report of that year.

  Take Care,

    Smokey