[Geysers] UTAH Geyser Report TU 9-30-08

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:25:59 PDT 2008

When we arrived in Green River, Utah, a short time ago, I checked with the
museum on the recent activity of Crystal Geyser--not the one on the infamous
YNP postcard, but the cold water CO2 geyser located on the bank of the Green
River 5 mi SW of town.  The rock that had been used to vandalize the geyser
early in the summer has been removed and the geyser is erupting.

This is not my data, but on the counter in the museum I saw a report
prepared by Richard L Powell (maybe from Indiana?) this morning on the
activity 9/28 - 9/30.  These observations appear to be compatible with 2
shorts and a long.

*Sunday Sept 28, 2008*

approx 0200    d=approx 30-45min
approx 0930    d=approx 30min       interval  7.5h
1628-1903       d=155min                interval 7h

*Monday, September 29, 2008*

1410-1430        d=30min                interval 21hr 20min
2049-2110        d=21min                interval 5h+

*Tuesday, September 20, 2008*
**
approx 0400-0619      d=139+min       interval= 7hr 10min

The museum staff understood Mr. Powell to state the eruptions were maybe
half the height he had observed when he last visited either last year or the
year before.  We hope to catch an eruption so we can judge for ourselves
versus our impressions from a year ago.

Maybe some of you know Mr. Powell and can pass along a big Thank You!

Barbara Lasseter