[Geysers] Sentinel Meadows 9-20-08

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sat Sep 20 16:52:59 PDT 2008

I ventured into Sentinel Meadows today.  Overall it was quite nice with
little swamp and no bugs, but rainy weather ended up chasing me out in the
late afternoon.

UNNG SMG-2 is not active, and does not appear to have erupted in some time.

Iron Pot erupted at 1058, d=39 minutes, with the best splashes reaching
about 3 feet.

Flat Cone-one closed interval was timed at 128 minutes.  Both eruptions
lasted about 45 seconds and reached no more than 2 feet.

Rosette Geyser is not active.

"The Bulgers", the small geysers between Iron Pot and Steep Cone, were
cyclically spouting from a few inches to 3 feet all day.

A couple of surges in the spring on top of Steep Cone reached about 3 feet.

MK