[Geysers] Short geyser report Tues May 27

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue May 27 12:58:48 PDT 2008

Those who have been in the park already know this, but comes a time when I
should let all know that I have sold the duplex unit in West Yellowstone.
Closing is scheduled for June 16, at which time I will be returning to Arizona
until mid-August. This is why some of these reports have ended with late-morning
 or early-afternoon data -- got things to do here in town. Like today with
the  oven on self-clean, laundry going, a bunch of pictures packed, items moved
to  garage. Only 1400 and whew, but gotta go to the hardware.

The only "event" seen at Giant was a time when back Mastiff jetted  strongly,
in the fashion that until recently was a sign of impending bathtub or  hot
period. But today -- nothing else happened. One thing about that overall  system
I did notice though -- for the first time since the trails first opened  on
April 28, there was fairly significant steam from South Purple Pool.
Significance unknown; North Purple was still overflowing this morning.

Grotto underwent a classic "40-minute" Central Vent Delay -- the CVs  at 0948
and Grotto about 1032. (Sorry-- didn't get the start times as I was  talking
to Hank Heasler up at Castle.)

Daisy 0717, 0918, 1118.

Oblong 0719ie.

Grand 2346E and 0709 (T1C).

Castle 0424E major, so nothing more on that.

Lion 0731 (not initial), 0828 minro, 0914.

Aurum must have been around 0700, judging by its recovery, then was called
at 1052. It seems to be holding well to the 4 +/- winter mode.

And Yay -- a daytime Beehive. Indicator 1019, Beehive 1024.

Three Plume intervals: 63, 63, and 65 minutes.

Down valley:

Fountain 0641ie (ended between 0650 and 0656).

Great Fountain 1204 (P = 0, OV unknown).

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.