[Geysers] Geyser report Friday May 23

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 23 16:06:13 PDT 2008

The first event seen today at Giant was a very weak hot period at 0828.
Feather to maybe 2 feet plus SW vents; Mastiff never made it higher than perhaps
6 inches below overflow. Bijou did turn off, after Mastiff was well up but
before Feather, then turned on before Feather was off. Duration = 1m  28s.

The next event was a footbath at 0955; Bijou stayed on. The next was a
"bubblebath" at 1110 -- I called it that because water rose to about 1 foot  below
overflow in Mastiff but it did not stop depth-charging -- no  high-water
boiling! Bijou stayed on.

Most likely the next event was at about 1229, when we first saw jetting  from
back Mastiff, then for 2 minutes or so boiling in front Mastiff. That's all
we know, since we were all at Grand. But Bijou stayed on.

And a continuing answer -- today some overflow from North Purple, none from
South.

>From Grand, when the steam parted, we saw Grotto Fountain 1307ie and Grotto
1307ns.

F&M markers in place.

Riverside 1248.

Daisy 0749, 0952, 1154. We all missed the next Daisy as we headed for the
just-opened Lower Store immediately after Grand.

Oblong 1025 and huge.

Grand 0446E and 1326 (T2C).

Castle 1154 major -- this was one of those that considered being a minor,
stopping after about 4 1/2 minutes, but then restarted a minute or two  later.

No Lion call today.

Aurum 0925.

Depression 1132ns.

Beehive again in the night, and no splashing was seen until  afternoon.

Plumes early gave intervals of 57, 61, and 56 minutes.

The Lower Store opened at 1300 today, now will apparently be open from 0730
to 1800.

'Tis all for today.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.