[Geysers] Geyser report May 19

Barger bkbarger at bresnan.net
Mon May 19 21:15:48 PDT 2008

     Thanks for the posting Scott, I'm glad I went ahead and left the Park early this afternoon.  Unlike my trip into the Park where I saw a wide variety of animals, I only saw a few bison, deer, and the sow grizzly with her two cubs on the way out.
     Oblong erupted at 0612 ie (ending at 0625) on May 19th.  Mike L. called Lion at 0630ns and 0747.  Beehive erupted while I was watching Jet and taking in the Lower Geyser Basin (since I had only been in the Upper Geyser Basin for my entire trip).  I didn't know that you had seen Fountain at 0914 ie.  A lone bison was eating grass 2 feet from the boardwalk up near the fumerole and after I had observed over 30 people walk past it, stop to take pictures, etc. I left.  It was definitely time to leave the Park.  Hope to see everyone next weekend (weather permitting).  Kitt Barger