[Geysers] Some thoughts on Giant

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed May 14 18:32:28 PDT 2008

In a message dated 5/14/2008 6:41:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
fanandmortar at hotmail.com writes:

A final  item relates to Scott's hypothesis that no eruption occurred between
April 16  and 29.  Initially, when I heard that the signs had been replaced
when  the trails opened on April 28, I thought that an eruption had occurred
during  the interim while the trails were closed.  However, I have not heard any
 reports that the signs were ever replaced after the April 16 eruption, so it
 is certainly possible that the signs had been washed by that eruption, and
not  by an eruption between April 16 and 29.  Again, if anyone has additional
information, it would be much appreciated.

It seems rather certain that we will never know for sure, but I can say  that
the signs were replaced on (I guess it was) the 28th. I feel rather  certain
that there was no eruption between April 16 and 29 -- there definitely  was
none by daylight. In any case, the signs were replaced after the April 29
eruption, and they are still there.

Also, just today we had some discussions about Grotto and (though, again,  we
haven't been able to get out there a lot) we have no evidence of a true
marathon since the park opened (a mini-marathon sort of thing, yes, but nothing
longer than maybe 12 hours max).

Well, who knows?!

T. Scott

favorites at AOL Food.