[Geysers] Geyser report May 10

Kevin Leany kleany at cox.net
Sun May 11 17:58:30 PDT 2008

I was watching the streaming cam from the start of the May 10 Beehive Scott describes below.  It was even impressive there.  You could see the huge bursts that Scott talked about and it was the most massive and highest I have seen.  It was great on the cams, so I can imagine what it must have been like in person.  As you can see from the attaced picture, Scott is probably right about it hitting 200 feet.

Kevin Leany
kleany at cox.net
  T Scott Wrote:

  Beehive was interesting, to say the least. The Indicator started at 1050:50. Beehive started at 1051:04. It literally started with two sudden huge bursts, then a massive explosion that made a loud "pop" as it threw water to all sides. Then up, and if Beehive ever really hit 200 feet, it might have been today. I'd just almost bet that the 20h 43m since yesterday afternoon is a double interval, too -- we discussed this and the fact the the snow on the boardwalk (about 3 inches overnight) was undisturbed, but then it was undisturbed after today's eruption, too.