[Geysers] Geyser report May 10

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat May 10 15:19:16 PDT 2008

The trails are still closed. Bear management or somebody was supposed to be
going out there to "re-evaluate" this afternoon. Quite nice today (eventually
up  to about 40, little wind, few clouds), perhaps a bit of wet the next
couple of  days, but then some forecasts ("I'll believe it when...") say
temperatures even  into the 70s by the end of next week.

Giantess was done today -- a steaming, empty hole. The same can be  said of
Vault. Infant was very high and boiling vigorously.

Plume intervals of 52, 51, 51, (lunch), and (!) 44 minutes.

Beehive was interesting, to say the least. The Indicator started at  1050:50.
Beehive started at 1051:04. It literally started with two sudden huge
bursts, then a massive explosion that made a loud "pop" as it threw  water to all
sides. Then up, and if Beehive ever really hit 200 feet, it might  have been
today. I'd just almost bet that the 20h 43m since yesterday afternoon  is a
double interval, too -- we discussed this and the fact the the snow on the
boardwalk (about 3 inches overnight) was undisturbed, but then it was  undisturbed
after today's eruption, too.

Lion 0849 minor and 0912 (full eruption and end of the series).

Aurum 0904 and 1259.

Castle was 0815vr, and in major steam phase at 0825.

Snake Eyes and the vent next to them remain active.

Grand's monitor was not downloaded today, but it erupted at 1110  (-1Q).

Grotto Fountain was 1126ns, Grotto at 1131. I think I saw a Giant hot  period
 (viewed from near Sawmill) at 0913. Tom and I are quite  certain that a hot
period was underway at 1122 with Bijou coming on at about the  same time that
Grotto Fountain started. Nothing more is known. Evidently the  platform has
not been looked at by any bear patrol since Thursday morning.  Man, I'm gettin'
really tired of the parking lots.

That would seem to be about it, except that Fountain was 1356ie on the  drive
out.

favorites at AOL Food.