[Geysers] Geyser Report 3-30-08

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sun Mar 30 18:29:42 PDT 2008

I spent a few hours in the Upper and Lower Basins today.  As others have
mentioned, there has been a lot of snow this March, over 50".  It was also
-2F as I was driving down this morning, not typical for late March.

Little Brother Geyser is active.  It was erupting every 40-80 seconds, with
durations of just a couple of seconds.  Most bursts were 3-8 feet with some
occasionally to 10-12 feet.  Three Crater Geyser remains active as well.

There has been an exchange of overflow between Linen Spring and Cotton
Spring in the Myriad Group.  Speaking with folks at Old Faithful, it sounds
like this took place on or around March 27.  As a result, the Lower Ham's
parking lot is getting a considerable amount of runoff from the Myriad area.

White Geyser is still dormant.

Dome Geyser was 1132ie.

Something that looks like Little Squirt was erupting in the Dwarfs area of
Geyser Hill for over an hour today.

Sawmill was in eruption most of the day.

As the snow is still very deep and since Giant erupted on Friday I did not
go past Grand Geyser.

The small geyser beside Green Spring at Black Sand is still active.
Everything else looked normal in the Black Sand area.

One closed interval on "Aftershock" was timed at 31 minutes.  During
Seismic's overflow there were a few boils from "Aftershock" to about 2 feet.

I missed Fountain-it and Morning were about 8 feet below overflow, and all
the puddles around it were steaming as I was leaving in the afternoon.

MK