[Geysers] Mysterious snow shapes

David Crotty decrotty at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 00:29:37 PDT 2008

I have not seen the ones you are mentioning but it is possible for the wind to make weird tubes out of the snow as well as snowballs.  My brother-in-law sent us pictures on them a few years ago that showed up in the lawn at his workplace.  I have them somewhere. If I find them I'll pass a few on.
Dave Crotty