[Geysers] Confirmation for stay, Summer 2008

STEPHEN P BEZORE sbezore at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 18 18:50:55 PDT 2008

I too received a reservation confirmation for someone who I don't know.  Being concerned about phishing scams and not wanting to give a total stranger my name and e-mail address I forwarded the confirmation back to Xanterra.  It is obviously a bigger problem than I first thought and may explain why all my attempts to call Xanterra reservations was met with "line is busy call later".  Hopefully,  Xanterra will come forth with an explanation and assure us that our credit card info is secure.

  Steve Bezore

David Friz <dfriz at csolutions.net> wrote:
  Good morning, in case you folks have not been alerted, confirmations for the coming summer are being sent all over to the wrong persons. For example, my confirmation was sent to a person in the country of Japan. Thankfully, he forwarded the confirmation to me. Similarly, I received the confirmation of someone in California, which I forwarded to them. I am concerned that the security of other information that you have (such as credit card numbers) has been compromised. Please confirm that your server has not been hacked and information compromised.