[Geysers] Geyser Eruption at West Thumb, (03/01/2008)

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 19:10:08 PDT 2008

I wasn't able to show Janet's picture to any of the guides that saw the feature at West Thumb erupt.  I was able to get the email of the girlfriend of one of the guides (he doesn't have his own email, it is very easy to live in a national park and not join the 21st century).  So I emailed the pic to her.  She said she'd show it to him, and have him reply on her email.

  So hopefully I'll get an answer sometime, and then I'll post it here.  I haven't heard anything about the guest that was going to download his picture of the feature at West Thumb erupting at the Visitor's Center, so I'm guessing that didn't work out.

  Karen Low

SCOTT BRYAN <tsbryan_380 at msn.com> wrote:
            Janet white's photo labeled "Skinny" is what I know as Skinny. Now, is it what was seen last week?

  Scott Bryan

  I knew I had a bunch of photos from that area I took last October - and since I had insomnia last night, I dug them out and stitched them together for "black pool area.jpg".  It's not a perfect job, but maybe this might help???  I also found my photo of what I'm gathering is Skinny Geyser from last July - where it looks like that crater near Black Pool might be empty.  Slightly different angle, though.  I can crop and zoom or send a higher res version to folks interested.  They're pretty crunched down here for the list.  Just email. :)

  Janet White
  janet at snowmoon.us