[Geysers] Geyser report Monday 6-30-08

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 20:26:11 PDT 2008

1. It sounds like Shell is normal -- watch it over a span of a few hours,
and I'll bet the cycles result in gradually longer fills with gradually higher
water levels and stronger splashing.

2. Jewel sounds normal, too.

3. Avoca sounds like it might have weakened some since I was there, as I
never saw an interval longer than about 1 1/2 minutes.

4. And that last geyser has to be Slit (Silver Globe" need not be part of
the name). I saw just one eruption this year. It had (in my experience) a very
long duration, as Barbara saw, but it still reached 8 to 10 feet high, so
maybe  it is weakening, too. If it is AND Avoca is, too, I might expect to see a
higher  water level in Silver Globe (which is the deep pool right at the corner
of the  boardwalk); is it higher?

In a message dated 6/30/2008 4:55:44 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,