[Geysers] Geyser report Sunday 6-22-08

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:29:10 PDT 2008

Keep in mind this data is generated by many gazers' reports and radio
calls.  In the park just now I have encountered Jim Scheirer, MaryBeth
Schwarz, Ralph Taylor, Andrew Bunning, David Goldberg, Dee Dykes, Bill
Warnock, Dean Lohrenz, Sree & Karen Koka, Greg & Leslie Gushwa, Bob & Emily
Bailey, Hans & Hilde Kaufman, Bill Lewis, and Brad Barth.  Lynn Stephens is
likely unpacking as I type and Tara Cross and Janet Chapple are probably en
route.  Kitt Barger and sister, Ingrid Smith, have come and gone as have
Vicky Whitledge and Allan Moose, Jere Bush, KC & Julie Thomson, Bill & Carol
_____, the rest of the Warnock clan, Mike Newcomb,Mike Lang, and Dirk
Anderson.    I am sure I left out a bunch I would never choose to
forget...that (and spelling) have kept me from mentioning names in prior
reports.

Beehive: 1138  (water=1123, indicator=1124)
Plume intervals of 106 (double), 54, 52, 50, 51, 55, 48, 52 minutes
Old Faithful: 0753, 0923, approx 1050, 1230
Lion: 1234 initial, 1350
Aurum: 1339  Observed splashing water out of cone frequently at 0800, with
no eruption between then and 1339.
Depression: no eruption noted since 0957ie on 6-17.  I did not check the log
book.
Castle: 6 min minor at 0740, major at 1243ie/ns
Grand: 0706 and 1337--both T1C
Oblong: 0911ie, 1417ie
Daisy: 0650, 0850, 1052, 1249, 1436
Riverside: [2054 last night}, 0931, 1526
Grotto: 0809, Grotto Fountain: 0808ie
Rocket Major: [2116ie last night]
Artemisia: 0904
Great Fountain: [1712 p=0 last night ] 1533 p=0
White Dome: 1444ie, 1457ie, 1535ie, 1554, 1621ie
Pink Cone: 1625 ie

At Biscuit Basin, Avoca observed to be continuing its large eruptions, Shell
Spring is dry.

The dark clouds blew away by mid-morning and the sun has been shining.

Barbara Lasseter