[Geysers] Geyser report Mon June 2

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 15:06:38 PDT 2008

Before the geysers, the geyser book -- Having gotten the Index back to the
Production Manager today (receipt acknowledged), I am told that the 4th Edition
 of The Geysers of Yellowstone will be off to the printer by the end of  this
week so that it likely will be ready for distribution not later than
mid-July.
     At about that time, should you wish to order the  book right away you
will be able to do so either via the University Press of  Colorado website
(_www.upcolorado.com_ (http://www.upcolorado.com) ) or  by telephoning the
distributor (which is the University of Oklahoma Press [yes])  at 1-800-627-7377.

Lord, what a job it's been. BUT IT IS DONE!

Now for today... cloud-covered sun and a cold breeze for much of the
morning, but then some sun and a temp near 60 in the afternoon.

Artemisia steam cloud 0805ie.

A bit of a change at Giant, as seen around 0900. Don't know what it means,
but Mastiff appears to have stopped depth-charging -- the sinter was bone dry
right onto its rim -- and Giant has stopped jetting strongly enough to dump
water onto the platform -- the sinter at and onto the base of the cone was bone
 dry, too. They were stioll doing those things yesterday, but except for
remnant  puddles (and there was overnight rain), the entire platform was dry
today. Bijou  was having occasional short (</= 1 minute) pauses, but there seemed
to  be no visible changes in anything else associated with these pauses. Mean
while,  both North and East Purple Pools were overflowing heavily.

While I was at the UGB, there was no Riverside and no Oblong.

Daisy, including overnight electronic times: 0001, 020x (0204, I think --
sorry), 0408, 0606, 0811, 1012.

Grand treated several of us to its longest (known) interval of the season.
It had erupted at 2349E, then today not until 1037 (T1C).

As we left Grand, I saw Beehive's Indicator 1052ie, and Beehive was  1105.

Lion at 0717 was, I think, the initial. I guess we missed the next  eruptions
but it was seen again at 1004.

Depression was 0908ie.

Plume intervals of 56, 57, missed, and 57 minutes.

Down the valley:

Narcissus 0655.

I expected Pink between 0700 and 0730, but breakfast was calling and I left
without seeing it at 0715. But then Pink at 1333 (duration = 11m 12s).

I also anticipated Pink Cone in the vicinity of noon. Pink Cone 1238, for  an
interval of about 21 hours (it was early ie at 1557 yesterday).

Bead 1142, 1212, 1243, 1317, and 1338.

Box Spring 1141, 1208, 1305 (none between those last two).

Labial's East Satellite had a bunch of real short minors (d < 20s each):
1150, 1156, 1208, 1216, 1222, then no more before 1345.

And in 2008, I have yet to see Labial.

Jere reports that he saw Steamboat jet to all of 6 or 8 feet high this
morning.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.