[Geysers] RE: Geysers Digest, Vol 1138, Issue 2

Bruce Jensen bpnjensen at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 18:14:17 PDT 2008

This is what I was thinking too.  While an individual parcel of water itself may take hundreds of years to circulate and descend to the level where it enters a geyser's plumbing, it, and the system within which it resides, is still under pressure from rainfall that percolates into the ground behind it - and this systemic pressure, if it varies, will also vary the rate at which water enters the geysers.

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France

Wilderness Forever!
Bruce Jensen